Lower your Cholesterol & Triglycerides using a more Holistic Medicine approach!
- Exercise can help to lower your triglycerides and bad cholesterol (LDL) levels & at the same time… increase your good cholesterol (HDL) levels!!! Aim for at least 20 minutes – 3x/week – ideally interval style of workouts where your heart rate goes up and down
- Intermittent Fasting – consume all of your calories between noon and 8pm. Try this 2-3 days per week to enhance metabolism and improve/lower your cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Eat a predominantly plant-based diet
- Increase your consumption of fiber
- Make sure you are having at least one healthy bowel movement per day
- Timed release niacin is ESPECIALLY effective! (NOT the inositol hexanicotinate form)
- Phytosterols – unless you are a “hyper-absorber” (this can be tested)
- Drink more green tea
- Guggul extract
- Increase your consumption of EFAs – essential fatty acids (fish oil)
- 1-2 glasses of red wine – I LOVE this one!!!
- We are available for in-office, skype/phone, and email appointments.
Lower your Cholesterol and Triglycerides naturally!