Natural Medicine Approach for Flu Prevention
Strengthen your Immune System to avoid the Flu this season using natural remedies:
- Influenzinum 200c – A homeopathic medicine that works best as a preventative for the Flu. It is homeopathy’s alternative to the flu vaccine for those individuals who prefer to not get the flu vaccine. We suggest taking 5 pellets under the tongue 1x per week for 3 weeks. Wait one month and take one more dose (5 pellets).
- Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceus) is a common herb that has been used medicinally since ancient times among various cultures and mostly known for its immune-modulating properties. Researchers have indicated that Astragalus can have beneficial effects on the immune system by binding and activating B-cells and macrophages, stimulating lymphocytes and providing antioxidant properties. Just make sure you use a standardized formula by a very reputable company.
- Vitamin C – the positive, immune-enhancing effects of Vitamin C have been know for a long time. This has been shown to be true for flu prevention in studies.
J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1999 Oct;22(8):530-3. The effectiveness of vitamin C in preventing and relieving the symptoms of virus-induced respiratory infections.
- RESULTS: Overall, reported flu and cold symptoms in the test group decreased 85% compared with the control group after the administration of megadose Vitamin C.
CONCLUSION: Vitamin C in megadoses administered before or after the appearance of cold and flu symptoms relieved and prevented the symptoms in the test population compared with the control group.
- Vitamin D3 – this is one of our favorites for enhancing the immune system and helping to prevent the flu when serum levels have been checked and it is dosed appropriately:
- According to the findings from a 2010 study that didn’t get any widespread attention, Vitamin D3 is a highly effective way to avoid influenza.In fact, children taking low doses of Vitamin D3 were shown to be 42 percent less likely to come down with the flu.The randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled study included 430 children aged 6-15, who were followed between December 2008 and March 2009
- Considering the fact that influenza was reduced by 42 percent at a dose of just 1,200 IU’s a day, it’s possible that even better results might be obtained with higher dosages—depending on just how deficient you are to begin with, of course, because it’s not really the dosage that matters; it’s the amount of vitamin D in your blood. Be sure to get your Vit D3 levels checked.
- Probiotics – friendly bacteria play a HUGE role in our immune systems. Taking a very high quality probiotic with multiple researched strains can be extremely helpful in enhancing our immune system and thus helping to prevent colds and flu.
Flu Season – A Natural Medicine Approach