Naturae’s Path Cyber Monday Deal
Good morning! I hope everyone has recovered from over-eating and over-indulgence!!!
Naturae’s Path is pleased to announce its first ever Cyber-Monday Deal!!! Get an advanced, cutting edge Cardiovascular and Pre-Diabetes Test Profile that assess multiple parameters of your over-all health.
Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death. Standard cholesterol tests can miss that YOU are at risk. Poor blood sugar regulation and unhealthy triglyceride and lipoprotein levels often present long before the diagnosis of type 2 Diabetes. SpectraCell’s CardioMetabolic and Pre-Diabetes panels offer definitive diagnostic and clinically relevant evaluation to help define risk of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD) and progression toward type 2 diabetes. These check points along with an overall pre-diabetes risk score, help patients understand that not just one factor, but rather a constellation of risk factors, contribute to the genesis and progression toward poor blood sugar control and/or ASCVD. Results of testing allow doctors to know when guidance, educational referral, or treatment is necessary. Key components of the CardioMetabolic Risk Panel are listed below.
Who should take the CardioMetabolic Test or Pre-Diabetes Risk Panel?
All patients, and especially those who:
- Have a family history of heart disease or diabetes
- Have been diagnosed with heart disease or diabetes
- Are already taking cholesterol-lowering medications
- Have been diagnosed with Metabolic Syndrome (high blood pressure)
- Are overweight
- Have high LDL – the bad cholesterol
- Have low HDL – the good cholesterol
- Have high triglycerides
I’ve already had my cholesterol checked, why should I have the CardioMetabolic test done?
Standard cholesterol testing only gives you part of the picture leaving many people with “normal” cholesterol numbers unaware that they are still at risk for a heart attack. The National Cholesterol Education Program introduced new risk factors that are responsible for many individuals at risk for cardiovascular disease.
According to the NCEP guidelines, 50% of people who have a heart attack have normal cholesterol levels.
Cholesterol is carried throughout the body in little balls called lipoproteins. It is the lipoproteins, not the cholesterol in them, that leads to clogging of the arteries.
PRE-DIABETES RISK PANEL
The Pre-Diabetes Biomarkers identify metabolic abnormalities that may progress into diabetes. Pre-diabetes is a condition where the body cannot efficiently metabolize foods, especially carbohydrates, resulting in impaired glycemic (blood sugar) control which may progress to diabetes when not properly treated or addressed through lifestyle changes.
The following tests have the largest impact on the pre-diabetes risk score: hemoglobin A1c, fasting blood sugar and metabolic syndrome traits. Other factors that significantly affect a pre-diabetic risk but that are not included in this report include weight, blood pressure (hypertension), smoking, inflammation and family history.
- Glucose – snapshot of blood sugar at time of blood draw
- Insulin – correlates to the efficiency with which a person can metabolize carbohydrates; high fasting levels indicate insulin resistance and possible pre-diabetes.
- Hemoglobin A1C – long term (2-3 months) marker of glycemic control; also considered a marker of accelerated aging
- C-peptide – a measure of endogenous insulin production; useful in distinguishing between ty pe 1 and type 2 diabetes
- Adiponectin – a hormone that ezymatically controls metabolism; high levels beneficial and indicate efficient cellular energy production
- Metabolic syndrome traits – A diagnosis of metabolic syndrome is confirmed if any three of the following six traits exist in a patient: (1) high triglycerides (2) high glucose (3) low HDL (4) high blood pressure (5) high waist circumference or (6) increased small dense LDL
The Cyber Monday DEAL…
Which includes the above testing and a 30 minute appointment with Dr Brown is as follows:
Normal cost would be:
- Cardiometabolic Panel = $150
- 30 minute consultation = $125
- Total cost would normally be: $375
NATURE’S PATH – CYBER MONDAY DEAL
(available until friday, December 3rd):
- cost for above profile and 30 minute consultation = $276
- a savings of $99
- limit: one per person
- Valid until 9-1-17
To take advantage of this offer, call/email: 913-333-8798 OR [email protected]