Welcome to Day 5 of our 25 “Days to Wellness”. Today’s post is about the “DREADED” hangover! Office party this weekend??? Here’s a little something from Santa’s bag of tricks to prevent, or at least minimize, the impact of your seasonal “indulgence”!
- Do you have any Vitamin C or Emergen-C on hand? If so… try one of these before going to bed or 1000-2000mg of Vitamin C. Emergen C are nice because they also contain electrolytes and are available in most grocery stores these days.
- Stay HYDRATED! Alcohol exacerbates your dehydration state. Drink LOTs of water before your night of debauchery and indulgence! THEN… when you get home… in addition to the Vitamin C mentioned above, try drinking 16-24 ounces of water before bed. This will go a LONG, LONG way to help minimize that dreaded headache in the morning.
- Try taking 5 pellets of Nux Vomica 30c before bed. This is a homeopathic medicine that is cheap (maybe $8-10 at your local health food store) and very effective for overindulgence of food and/or alcohol.
- IF you have time before your office party or late night with “Kith and kin”… then pick up these super high-powered anti-hangover remedies:
- Glutathione, Milk Thistle, Dandelion, Zinc, and Alpha Lipoic Acid are all HUGE players for supporting your seldom appreciated and overworked liver which is there for you on so many levels helping to keep your body safe and healthy on a daily basis. Show it some LOVE by taking one or more (of the above mentioned) when you return home from a night of to much eggnog and/or other “holiday spirits”.
So…. show your body some love and gratitude this holiday season by using a few of the above mentioned tips. Wishing you a safe and happy holiday season from Naturae’s Path!!!