Dr. Brown is the longest practicing Naturopathic Doctor in the greater Kansas City area and a NABNE board-certified Naturopathic Doctor who specializes in functional/integrative medicine.
Naturopathic Medicine in Kansas City
Therapies are designed to treat the underlying cause of your condition:
Hormones, thyroid, adrenal, menopause, autism, ADHD, low energy, PMS, IBS, IBD, arthritis, anxiety, depression, allergies, and more….
We utilize state of the art laboratory testing, individualized dietary plans, plant based medicines, bio-identical hormones, homeopathic medicines, food allergy/intolerance testing, lifestyle modifications, and a variety of other safe, non-invasive, natural medicine based modalities to address your condition(s).
Our purpose at Naturae’s Path is to reconnect our clients with their own Vis Medicatrix Naturae (the Healing Power of Nature). That is, we strive to develop for you an individualized health care plan that is designed to awaken the inherent healing power of nature that already exists within you.
Therapies we recommend are not just designed to treat or ‘mask’ the isolated symptoms but are designed to treat the underlying cause(s) of your condition and remove these obstacles to cure. Our intention is to assist you in the restoration of optimal health and vitality on all levels: mentally, emotionally, and physically.
Some of our areas of specialty include:
- Hormonal balancing – thyroid, adrenal, sex steroid (male & female hormones) including the use of Bio-Identical hormone replacement therapy (BIO-HRT)
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders, ADD, ADHD
- Irritable bowel conditions (IBS, IBD, Chrohn’s, Ulcerative Colitis)
- SIBO – small intestine bacterial overgrowth
- Anxiety and depression
- Menopause, andropause (male menopause)
- PMS, endometriosis, PCOS
- Infertility (male and female)
- Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis
- Elevated cholesterol, triglycerides, homocysteine, ESR, CRP
- Hypertension and other cardiovascular conditions
- Autoimmune issues
- Food allergies, allergies, asthma
- Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Sports nutrition & nutritional counseling
- Obesity and weight loss
- Cleansing and heavy metal detoxification
- Anti-aging medicine & anti-aging skin care products
What is a naturopathic doctor? What’s the difference between an ND and MD?
A licensed naturopathic doctor (ND) attends a four-year, graduate-level naturopathic medical school and is educated in all of the same basic sciences as an MD, but also studies holistic and nontoxic approaches to therapy with a strong emphasis on disease prevention and optimizing wellness. In addition to a standard medical curriculum, the naturopathic physician also studies clinical nutrition, homeopathic medicine, botanical medicine, psychology, and counseling. A naturopathic physician takes rigorous professional (basic science and clinical) board exams so that he or she may be licensed by a state or jurisdiction as a licensed Naturopathic Doctor.