Six tips to relieve seasonal allergies by a Naturopathic Doctor in Kansas City:
1. Temporarily avoid dairy, wheat, soy, corn, canola oil, pork, and eggs
These are the top food allergens.
2. Have a food intolerance test done.
We run these frequently in our practice to help people suffering from allergies. Removing the foods you test positive for (temporarily) can significantly reduce the effects of seasonal allergies and help a variety of other conditions. We can order these at reduced prices for our clients.
Dr. Brown recommends: White Blood cell based food intolerance testing – please call us for more details.
3. Eat 1-3 tsp daily of raw, local organic honey!
4. Eat more organic berries
blueberries (especially wild blueberries), raspberries, strawberries, blackberries.
These are loaded with bioflavonoids, vitamin c, and other phytonutrients that act as natural anti-histamines and anti-inflammatories.
5. Increase your consumption of wild caught fish and/or take a reputable brand fish oil
Esssential fatty acids, especially omega 3’s, can help your body modulate the immune system and reduce the inflammatory response to airborne and/or food allergens.
6. Try a natural, over-the-counter product like HistaEze. Here is a link to where you can get it and use the code FIRST25 to get 25% off your 1st time order. CLICK HERE to order from our ehealthstore.
- This is an excellent, natural medicine based, anti-histamine that works amazingly well.
From the HistaEze literature:
HistaEze™ is a synergistic blend of nutrients that provides natural support to help balance the immune response during allergy season. It features Tinofend®, a patented and clinically researched extract derived from the plant Tinospora cordifolia, which has been shown to regulate key immune mediators and support the activity of macrophages. Tinofend® supports the immune response by promoting a balance of phagocytic white blood cells and eosinophils.HistaEze™ also contains quercetin, nettle leaf, and vitamin C, all of which have long histories of use in helping to support immune balance during the allergy season. Additionally, bicarbonate salts are included for their role in maintaining normal histamine metabolism. Made with non-GMO ingredients.
If you have any more questions regarding allergies, the seasons, or functional medicine in general; take advantage of our FREE 15-minute consultation with Dr. Michael Brown.