Top Things You Can Do to Balance Your Hormones – Female, Male, Thyroid, Adrenal
- Get comprehensive hormone testing done to find out what your levels are.
- Certain herbal/botanical medicines used appropriately can help balance and modulate your various hormone systems. Some of our favorites include: Angelica, Vitex, Ashwaghanda, Ginseng, Rhodiola, etc.
- We LOVE to use foods to help restore health and well being… fruits, veggies, berries, nuts, seeds, plant based essential fatty acids, fish oil based essential fatty acids. Certain foods and various combinations of them can be extremely healing and regenerative to our hormonal systems.
- Lifestyle and stress reduction can be incredibly important.
- Natural thyroid medication (Armour, Sustained release T3/T4) and Bio-Identical Hormones (Bio-HRT) in appropriate dosages when needed.
- Eat more organic foods, predominantly plant based diet, and free range meats when possible to reduce your body’s exposure to endocrine disruptors:
- Endocrine disruptors – are chemicals that, at certain doses, can interfere with the endocrine system in mammals. These disruptions can cause and/or contribute to: cancerous tumors, birth defects, infertility, fatigue/weakness, aches/pains, headaches, PMS, low libido, anxiety, depression, weight gain, sleep disorders, allergies, dementia, cognitive issues, ADHD, developmental disorders, autoimmune disease, and a variety of other conditions. Any system in the body controlled by hormones can be derailed by these disruptors.
Dr Brown is Kansas City’s longest practicing and most experienced licensed Naturopathic Doctor. He is available for phone, email, and in-office consultations for your hormone related issues.
Naturopathic Doctor in Kansas City – Doc Talk on Hormonal issues: Thyroid Hormones, Female Hormones, Male Hormones, Adrenal Hormones