There are no doubts about it, seasonal allergies can be a huge inconvenience, especially during the spring. With flowers blooming, fruit trees blossoming, and the grass looking greener than ever, stepping outside can be a huge risk for allergy sufferers. Needless to say, shutting yourself in your house can often seem like a tempting compromise to avoid coughs, sneezes, and runny noses. However, did you know that the air conditioning system in your home could actually be making your allergies worse?
Put simply, it is surprisingly easy for potentially harmful dust and pollen to accumulate in the vents of your AC unit. Consequently, during allergy season it is crucial that your HVAC system is regularly cleaned by a team of HVAC experts like Complete Comfort Plumbing Heating and Air. To learn more about the importance of getting the HVAC system in your home serviced on a regular basis, head to: completecomfort-hvac.com/residential-hvac/.
For more spring allergy tips, read on…
- Avoiding common food allergens such as casein, gluten, and soy can significantly reduce the body’s “inflammatory & allergenic” response to spring pollen and other airborne allergens.
- The following supplements are some of my favorite and can be extremely helpful for reducing sneezing, runny nose, burning/watery/red eyes, and congestion:
- N.B. If you are a vegetarian and intend on taking health supplements, it is important to make sure that the pill capsules used are suitable for vegetarians and are not made using gelatine. Ideally, any supplements in pill form should be made using pill capsules similar to these vegetarian capsules 01.
- Vitamin C
- Essential Fatty Acids
It’s so important to consider cleansing your body this spring. Unfortunately, our bodies are consuming toxins every day from various foods, so it’s beneficial that we try and cleanse our bodies of these toxins as regularly as we can. By doing this, we can help our body to have a better digestive system, which can help people lose weight. To remove these toxins, there are a few ways to do it. Whilst we’ve suggested some foods and drinks that you may want to look into, you could also consider using a supplement to aid the detoxification of your body. A lot of people seem to be using the Reneú Inner Body & Colon Cleanse that consumers can view over at Supplement Relief. That supplement helps people to remove the toxins, ensuring that their body is clean and healthy. Some people may want to consider using these supplements in addition to these existing methods of detoxing. Use some of our favourite tips here:
- For 3-7 days try the following regiment to support your body’s detoxification systems:
- Eat ONLY the following foods: vegetables (with strong emphasis on cruciferous vegetables), fruits (only berries and apples), raw nuts/nut butters, and seasoning/condiments
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 1-2 tsp 2-3x daily
- A vegetarian based protein drink: rice, hemp, pea protein. Try to get 10-20grams of protein at least 2x/day
- Drink half your body weight in ounces of purified water daily. Can squeeze lemon juice into the water and/or add Apple Cider Vinegar (above)
- Natural herbal teas including Green Tea
- Limit your coffee intake to 1 cup per day and make it organic
- Avoid ALL other foods, liquids, etc, for this time period
- Take nutrients in the form of supplements that aid and assist the body’s phase I & phase II detoxification pathways:
- Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Milk Thistle
- Phosphatidyl Choline
- Folinic Acid (5-MTHF form)