Today’s DOC TALK:
Even 15 minutes of exercise can significantly enhance your metabolism and help you lose that holiday weight gain. Short sessions of movement, especially interval training that involves some sort of cross training types of movements, can help prevent weight gain and even result in weight loss during the holiday season. ￼
How 15 minutes of exercise can enhance your metabolism and help with weight loss
- You don’t have to go to the gym for 1-1.5 hours 5x/week to get the health benefits of exercise
- Even 15-30 minutes of exercise 3x/week can result in significant improvements in:
- your metabolism and thus help with healthy weight loss
- your lymphatic system which can enhance detoxification
- your endocrine system improving blood sugar and insulin levels
- enhance your immune system
- elevate your serotonin and other neurotransmitters resulting in a better mood, increased energy, and happier, more joyful attitude towards life
MIX UP WHAT YOU DO!
- Maybe walk one time, ride a bike another, hike, lift weights, use an elliptical machine… just mix it up so that more muscle groups and body systems are involved.
EAT A HEALTHIER, MEDITERRANEAN STYLE DIET!
- predominantly plant based, healthy fats, more fish, lean animal proteins, mild to moderate red wine consumption
FOCUS ON INTERVAL TRAINING! WHAT IS INTERVAL TRAINING?
- Get your heart rate to go up and down during your workout session. For example, if you are walking, maybe walk at at pace you can carry on a conversation for the first three minutes then walk at a pace for a minute or two that is fast enough that it is tough to carry on a conversation then alternate back and forth this way for 15 – 30 minutes.
- You can do this with walking, running, hiking, biking, weight lifting, etc. Just get your heart rate to go up and down.
- Add in a healthy diet and you will REALLY lose that unwanted weight!
- Do you need more information or wanting to develop a health plan for 2020 call and schedule an appointment.
- Or, if you need more information, consider our FREE 15 minute CONSULTATION with Dr Brown to find out more about natural/naturopathic/functional medicine.
- You can also email us at email@example.com or text/call at 913-333-8798
- And here is our new address: 7300 W. 110th St – Suite 700 Overland Park, Ks 66210